Saturday, July 1, 2017

Flying Free!

Hello my friends! I want to share another Butterfly card made with Sparkle N Sprinkle stamps. This time I used Swallowtail Butterflies Digi Stamps. This set includes lots of sentiments, colored butterflies in different colors, black and white butterflies and it also have a coordinating pattern paper.

I used pre-colored butterflies in two different colors: pink and yellow. Butterflies in different colors are paired up. One set is larger then other. After I printed butterflies out, I 'colored' them with Versamarker pen, covered with Velvet Sparkle Embossing Powder and heat set with heat tool. Then I fussy cut them with scissors (this stamp set includes digital cut file. So you don't have to mess with scissors if you have a cutting machine). Then butterflies was adhered together from the center, I covered their bodies with Nuvo Glitter Drops (Chocolate Fondue).


Sentiment is from same Digital Stamp set. I changed its color to white and placed on top of colorful rectangle. I tried to to my best to mach the color with Peruvian Lily Microfine Glitter. This came out quite well :) After cutting the sentiment layer I added bit of Sakura Glue Pen to the top and bottom edges and then covered it with Peruvian Lily Microfine Glitter. Layer underneath the sentiment is just a strip of white cardstock which is inked with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Squash  Embossing Powder.


For the background I used piece of pink pattern paper. I stamped a big flourish from Flourishes 1 #516 Stamp set couple times with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Squash  Embossing Powder. This EP is semi-transparent. You can see on picture above how different it looks on white cardstock. Edges of the patter paper are inked with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.

To embellish my card, I used strips of paper lace and few large flower sequins. In center of sequins are added Nuvo Crystal Drops (Dandelion Yellow). 

I love to add sparkling matting layers to my cards backgrounds. As usual, I adhere 1/4" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape to the edges of matting layer. After placing pattern paper in the center, I covered rest of the tape with Peruvian Lily Microfine Glitter. 


Materials used:
Stamp Credits: Swallowtail Butterflies Digi Stamps #856, Flourishes 1 #516;
GlittersPeruvian Lily (GM2014);
Embossing PowdersSquash (EP445), Velvet Sparkle (EP437);
Inks: Distress Ink (Picked Raspberry), VersamarkVersamarker pen;
Adhesives1/4" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape (SAT01), Sakura Glue Pen;
Cardstock: White, Pattern Paper (LemonCraft - Everyday Spring);
Embellishments: Paper Lace, Nuvo Glitter Drops (Chocolate Fondue), Nuvo Crystal Drops (Dandelion Yellow), Flower Sequins;

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles
Eret

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, lovely butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Eret! Love the worn woodgrain background. Really makes the butterflies pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the background too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...